Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vandelay Design

My friend showed me this site called Vandelay Design and I really found it useful and inspiring. They have a lot of photoshop tutorials and links to other sites that can be helpful, such as getting free photoshop brushes or free vector art. I have already gone through some of their photoshop tutorials and used the techniques for a couple of my projects. It's a good site for future reference because they are constantly updating their site and the tutorials, so there is always something new to learn.

They also have links that show the top websites in certain categories, such as best Church websites and best non-profit websites. There is so much to look at. What I like about this site is primarily the tutorials because there are so many and they give you a lot of different looks and feels that you might be trying to create. The tutorials are really easy too, because they go step by step on how to create that particular look. Obviously, as designers, you don't have to use exactly what they are showing you to do in the tutorials, but at least you know how to create that look now and can do variations of it yourself.

So, if I'm ever having a designer's block, I'll go this site to find inspiration.

To get to the tutorials and the cool stuff on their website, you must access their blog page, which can be found at the bottom of the home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment